Kindergarten Registration Dates for the 2019-2020 School Year






    March 4, 5, 6, 7



    February 26, 27, 28



    May 13, 14, 15, 16

    George Washington


    March 19, 20, 21

    John F. Kennedy


    April 29, 30; May 1, 2



    February 20, 21, 22

    Robert Graves


    April 8, 9, 10


    Please call your Home School to schedule an appointment with the Main Office. Fill out the Kindergarten Registration Packet and be sure to review the required registration documents below to bring to your appointment. 

    **Students in the KCSD Pre-K program are already enrolled in our system! Please schedule an appointment with your home school. You will bring the required documents below along with this
    Kindergarten Packet (Pre-K Enrolled)

    There will be an additional registration period in July/August for all schools. Dates and locations are not yet determined, but will be posted by June 1st.

Required Documents for Registration:

  • Birth Certificate, Passport, or Baptismal Certificate

    Immunization Record
    Prepared by a physician or authorized person who administers the immunizing agent and shall specify the vaccines given and the dates of administration, proof of past immunizations or proof of pending appointment with a physician/medical practice.

    Custody/Guardian Papers: Necessary in the case of divorce, re-marriage or transfer of guardianship between family members.

    Parent or Guardian photo identification: Driver’s License, Passport, State ID, School Records

    For Students who have already attended another school:
    1. Copy of most recent report card
    2. Transcript if available (Does not apply to Kindergarten registration)
    For Special Ed. Students: Most recent copy of IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
    District Residency

    One of the following proofs of residency must be provided:
    A. Owns home
    1. Most recent utility bill/ tax or mortgage statement – must have name and property/residence address
    B. Rents home
    1. Lease agreement, must have name property/residence address
    2. Parent’s name must appear on lease
    3. Most recent utility bill – one only (electric, phone, water bill, oil) must have name and property/residence address
    C. Affidavit of Property Owner/Landlord Form – Must be Notarized
    1. To be completed by the landlord/property owner, in instances where there is no lease. If you are living with a relative, that person must complete the form and also provide a bill
    (electric, phone, water) showing their name and property/residence address

    *Please note: the following will not be accepted as proof of residency: Driver’s License, Checkbook, Rent Receipt, Car Insurance Cards, and Bank Statements.

Pre-K Students at George Washington Elementary School

Packets and Forms